Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Snow in San Antonio!

Last Friday it snowed 1/2 an inch in San Antonio!  I know to you Utahns that’s not much at all, but for San Antonio it’s a big deal! The last time they got this much snow was in 1985!  School was cancelled, roads were closed and Zak wasn’t supposed to go into work until noon!  It was pretty chilly here, in the 10’s, it made us feel like we were back in Utah! Pretty crazy that just 2 days later the weather was back up in the 70’s though!  Only in San Antonio I guess!

DSC_0955

Kennedy was so excited to hear that it had snowed!  As soon as she got downstairs she pulled her chair over to the door and when I asked her what she was doing, she replied “I want to see the snow!”DSC_0959

DSC_0963 Since this is a very rare occurrence here in Texas, we figured we better get out and play in it and take some pictures. Kennedy doesn’t have much in the way of “snow clothes” so we used what we had. :) DSC_0972Yes, she’s still in her jammies, hey they were snowman pj’s at least, we had to get out there and play in the snow before it all melted! (It was pretty much gone by 10:30am!)DSC_0976

Kennedy loved walking around and playing in the snow…regardless of what her facial expressions may show!DSC_0980DSC_0984 “Mom this is the best smile you’re going to get!”DSC_1004 She was quick to point out the “S” for Spencie as I drew it in the snow. She looks thrilled to be standing there huh!?!  Haha DSC_1006

We even made a tiny snowman!

4 comments:

Barb Johnson said...

great pictures! Sounds like snow is a fleeting thing in SA. Crazy that they canceled school and had Zak come in at noon! Whatever!

Kurt and Shelli Barnum said...

Too funny! Isn't it amazing what places that don't get snow regularly cancel school for?! It looks like you had fun with it though!

rose said...

I love your snowman!

Fielding Family said...

Hey Ijust had to get on real quick and let you know I didn't forget the blog invite-just been super busy! I'll get it to you though! Yay for snow ;)