Monday, February 28, 2011

Thanksgiving in Utah!

I’m playing catch up on events that I never posted about. So even though Thanksgiving was 3 months ago (oops!), I’m still going to post about it. Kennedy and I spent 10 days in Utah for Thanksgiving, and it was great seeing family and friends!  Zak got to spend the last 5 days with us and we enjoyed having him all to ourselves and no work! Sadly, I don’t have one picture  from actual Thanksgiving day, but I’ll post pictures I took throughout the week.

We sure enjoyed our time in St. George! I loved shopping with my mom, eating at our favorite UT restaurants, going to Tai Pan for many hours (Kennedy was with us the whole time and she did amazing, I still can’t believe she lasted for a few hours!), chatting all the time, watching Kennedy play with her cousins and grandparents, playing games, seeing so much extended family, and just being together!  I think the fact that Kennedy doesn’t get to play with her cousins and grandparents very often is the hardest part for me living so far away.  Thank goodness for skype, at least we can “see” them and chat often! (I’m disappointed I didn’t get a picture of Kennedy with all her cousins, next time I guess)

DSC_0103  Making cookies at grandma’s house, she really got into it!DSC_0141 DSC_0163 Kennedy has really been into the nativities we see in the stores, so I really wanted to take her to see the nativity at the temple. She loved it, but I think she was hoping to be able to touch them. DSC_0171DSC_0182 I sure love the St. George Temple, Zak and I were married there so it’s extra special to me! My mom and I were able to do a session earlier that morning together which was really neat!

DSC_0192 DSC_0193  

I loved this moment!  While we were in the temple visitors center the missionaries turned on the message that goes along with the Christus and while Jesus was talking, Kennedy walked right up to it and looked up at Him.  I think she felt the spirit and wanted to be closer to Him.  After the message ended she just turned around and sat down in front of him sitting quietly. It was really sweet and will always be such a special memory to me!DSC_0195

She loved seeing all the other exhibits in the visitors center too, I wish the San Antonio temple had one!

We had Thanksgiving at Zak’s brother’s house with all the Muir extended family, the food was wonderful and we had a great time with everyone! We even got Johnson family pictures done that day too. It was freezing cold, but Tracy still got some good shots.   IMG_9814e2IMG_9974eIMG_9967e IMG_9946e

The day after Thanksgiving I enjoyed the morning at Santa’s Workshop with lots of the girls. Then that afternoon Zak and I took Kennedy to this really cool park, we all had a great time playing together!

DSC_0304 DSC_0197 DSC_0215DSC_0210 DSC_0217 She had fun going down the slides with mommy and daddy!DSC_0237 DSC_0224DSC_0220  DSC_0252 LOVE that Smile!DSC_0254 She loved swinging and never wanted to get out!DSC_0255 DSC_0294 DSC_0301 All tuckered out from playing, she sure loves her daddy!

The Saturday after Thanksgiving a bunch of my high school friends all got together and had brunch at The Egg and I, the food was yummy and it was great seeing everyone and catching up! I just wish I would’ve taken a picture of everyone!

We even got to be there to celebrate Oliver’s 1st Birthday!  DSC_0030Tracy did such a cute job with Ollie’s Party!DSC_0006DSC_0041Us with Grandma and Grandpa Great Johnson

DSC_0022

As you can see, Kennedy was sure happy to be there!DSC_0316Kennedy spent some time our last day playing in the leaves with Oliver, too bad I didn’t bother to do her hair that day! :)DSC_0322 She was loving playing in the leaves, we don’t get leaves like these in Texas!DSC_0321 Happy Fall Ya’ll!

         Phew, way to go if you made it through that big post!     Thanks to all of our family and friends for making it such a fun trip, we always love being with you on our trips to Utah!

4 comments:

Allison said...

It looks like you had a super fun trip! Those leaves and that green plush grass makes me miss Utah!!

Rose said...

Thanks for the reminder of the good memories.

Kandice said...

I love the pictures of her in front of the Christus! So sweet!

Barb Johnson said...

awesome post! I'm counting the days till we come and squeeze the stuffing out of our cute granddaughter! Hope she's ready for it!!