Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sea World

You wouldn't think that a landlocked, dry city 3 hours from the nearest beach would have a Sea World, but turns out San Antonio does. We decided to give it a whirl a couple of weeks ago, and now want to share the magic. We spent nearly the entire day going from one show to the next, non-stop. It was a lot more fun that I thought it would be.

DSC_0642

Shamu. We saw the regular show twice, and then went to a "Shamu Rocks Texas" event in the evening. It was pretty good, but I've seen enough Orcas to last me a while.

DSC_0665

I could have watched the Sea Lion Capers all day long. They were hilarious. The pictures don't do them justice, but the sea lions were very well trained to act like humans.

DSC_0738

Viva. This one was kinda weird, but it had dolphins, so I was content. There was no shortage of synchronized swimming and acrobatics. The sea lion show did a spoof on this show in the evening, it was also hilarious.

DSC_0809

There is a roller coaster in the background. I didn't realize that Sea World would have roller coasters. I went on a couple of them just before we left, they were alright. I am hoping that Six Flags can handily beat the ones here.

DSC_0026 

I like ducks. This one was pretty, friendly and swam close enough to get a decent shot.

DSC_0001

8 comments:

Marlyse said...

That's awesome! It sounds fun, I've always wanted to go to Sea World.

Britt said...

Sea World is a blast! I have never gone to the one in Texas but the one in San Diego is a lot of fun! Looks like you had a good time.

Stink-a-Tink said...

I LOVE SEA WORLD!!!! i went last year! and i want to go everyday cause you have so much fun! hope you had a blast! you need to come back we miss you to MUCH and as soon as your baby comes to the world you need to put 1,000 pictures of he/she! haah i dont know what your having! i think its a girl but i dont remember!

Melanie and Jake said...

I would love to go to sea world again! Good thing you got all those things in before the baby. There isn't much time left until baby Angela ;) comes.

Stephanie Lyn :) said...

She's having a girl Kali! Remember cause she promised me that she'd name it Stephanie Lyn! haha! jk! I've never been to Sea World, but it loos like so much fun!

The Jones Family said...

Kate congrats on being pregnant! Yeah i know i am way late, i am out of the loop. We have a little girl now who is almost 11 months old. Crazy! Congrats again.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Did Zak get to pet the Dolphins? Last time we took him to Sea World, he was picked to play with and pet the dolphins. Of course he was only about 5 at the time....