Thursday, September 30, 2010

Quadrangle Park

Last Friday we went with some friends to Quadrangle Park in Fort Sam Houston to feed the deer, ducks, geese and peacocks.  It was really neat to see all the animals and have them eat the carrots and apples right out of our hands. The kids had a great time. We’ll definitely be going back again!

DSC_0920DSC_0921 She was a bit scared at first when they came right up to us, but soon got brave and wanted to feed the deer a carrot herself!DSC_0922 DSC_0933 We were watching our friend Allie that day, so she came too, but I couldn’t get a picture of both of them looking at me at the same time :) Allie even got brave and fed the deer too.DSC_0937 DSC_0935I’m not sure who ate more carrots and apples…the kids or the animals :)DSC_0915 Both these deer wanted Maddie’s carrot!DSC_0914We threw this apple down for the deer but this peacock got to it first and pecked at and ate half of it, it was funny to watch!Spencer's Photos1   Chasing the deer  DSC_0945 We are always finding new fun things to do in San Antonio and love doing them with friends!

7 comments:

Lisa Moore said...

That is so awesome! If we had a park like that we would be going all the time too! I had no idea San Antonio had so many fun places.

linda said...

I wish I could round up a bunch of the deer that live in our yard and send them to Quadrangle Park!!
Looks like you had a fun time...

Kurt and Shelli Barnum said...

What great expereiences you guys are having there in TX! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Valerie said...

I miss you guys!

Barb Johnson said...

That looks like a blast! That must be the Allie friend that Kennedy was telling me about :)

Jessica said...

That park looks awesome! How Fun! I'm glad she got brave enough to feed them. We've tried feeding birds at the zoo and Aviary, but Akaylia still gets too nervous.

Melanie and Jake said...

How fun! I think we need to come visit again just to go to that park!