The day before my family came into town Kennedy started not feeling very well, at first we thought she was teething, but then it seemed to turn into a cold. The evening my family got here Kennedy was having trouble breathing so we had to take her into the Emergency Room. I guess they don’t take respiratory problems lightly, because we were in a room and had nurses surrounding us in a matter of a minutes. They weren’t sure exactly what was wrong, but they ran a bunch of tests on the poor girl. They drew her blood, gave her an iv, took x-rays and gave her lots of breathing treatments. Right off they found out she had ear infections in both ears and was dehydrated, but they weren’t sure why she was having trouble breathing. After all the tests came back, they ruled out pneumonia and the flu but at 1 am they decided they needed to keep her over night to keep monitoring her. She improved a lot over the next day and they released her the following afternoon. It was scary stuff, but we are glad they took good care of her and that she is doing much better! We sure think she made a cute little patient though! Once they unhooked her from her iv, monitors and all the cords and she could roam around free she was one happy camper and back to her normal self again!
They still aren’t exactly sure why she was having trouble breathing, but they treated her for asthma, I guess asthma and allergies are very common in San Antonio. But they can’t officially say she has asthma unless she has another episode, so we are just hoping it was a one time thing and we don’t have to deal with it again! We feel so grateful that she is ok and healthy!
Poor girl :(
She’s enjoying the freedom from cords!
It’s kind of hard to put something in your mouth when you can’t bend your arm huh Kennedy?!
Although it was frustrating this happened while my family was here visiting, we feel very blessed that they were here to give us support during the whole thing! Kennedy had fun playing with Grandma and Grandpa at the hospital and just before we were released she fell asleep (not surprising since she didn’t sleep much that night or day) in Grandpa Jim’s arms. So cute!
We love our ‘sweetness’ and are so glad she is feeling better!
19 comments:
aww, poor little girl! I am glad she is feeling better and that all is well! She did make an adorable little patient! Take care!
Even though the situation was not ideal those are the most adorable pictures ever. She is so precious.
Oh how scary! I am so glad she is feeling better. She is such a sweet little girl and I bet that was so hard to watch as a parent. It is amazing how much pain you feel as a parent when your child goes through difficult things.
Poor Kennedy! I'm glad she's feeling better. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. She looks sooo cute in her little hospital gown though! At least you got cute pictures from such a bad experience!
A mother's worst nightmare - I am glad that Kennedy was okay and that everythign turned out fine - looks like you had a great time with your family!
It's so hard to see a little one in the hospital-thankfully Kennedy's okay now. Darren had asthma when he was one (it was a milk allergy). He outgrew it at age two and hasn't had any problems since.
It makes sense it could be something to do with different surroundings/pollen...
Take care!
I am so glad she is okay! there is nothing more stressful than having a sick baby. Now you can post some pics of the new house! Congrats by the way!
Oh goodness! What an ordeal! Poor girl...those pics are adorable though. Especially the last one with Grandpa. So sweet! I love the little gown with her diaper peeking out the back. Her hair is really starting to come in too! I hope all is well and it doesn't happen again...
Ok, lets just blame this on the hormones but that just brought me to tears seeing my little peaches at the hospital! Goodness, I must really like her. I am so glad she is ok. I was one worried auntie :(
Sheesh, that isn't fun. I hope you figure out what the problem is.
Looks like you have been having fun otherwise.
Miss your guts!
ohhhhhhhh.... I must be hormonal too! Those were very touching pictures, and each one made me wanna cry! The sweet one with your dad made me wanna hug HIM! How tender! They are adorable pictures, but I'm dying to hold little Peaches! Can't wait for the 23rd!!
aaww.. I'm so sorry you guys had to go through that. The hospital is no fun. Watching them put an IV in your baby has to be the hardest thing ever I think. Glad she is doing better and that you had your family there to support you guys.
Kennedy was a cute patient. And you and Zak were the best caring parents. I too, love that picture of Jim holding her. He's about as good as Zak at "bouncing" her asleep. I'm jealous of Barb and Kerry-I'm sure you will all have a good time.
Oh that's so scary, but I'm glad little Kennedy is ok!
That must have been a scary moment. I'm so happy that she is doing alright. She looks so cute in the hospital gown.
Oh we are glad Kennedy is ok. What a scare. I can't believe how grown up she looks. I am so glad that you are back in Texas. I hope things are all settled. It looks like you too, have had a fun busy summer. Where are you guys living? We are still in 8th ward and actually our house is close by the HEB at I-10 and Wurzbach. You can email me at ltl.lefty(at)gmail(dot)com
That is the worst!!! I am sorry your poor sweetie had to go through that- I'm sorry you had to go through that! She looks like a trooper though!
Oh man! What a scare! I'm glad she is doing better! We miss you guys too!! How are you guys? I'm glad we have blogs so we can keep tabs on each other. :)
Poor Kennedy and poor you! Watching your kid get poked and prodded in the hospital is so hard! I'm glad she's okay and that you got some cute pictures out of it =) We love being able to hang out with you guys and get to know all 3 of you better!!
Post a Comment