Tuesday, December 16, 2008

We’ll really miss…

These:

Wasatch_Mtns

oh, and these too:

DSC_0280

And lots of other things and people too, there’s just too much to list.

Some of you who are long-time viewers might have noticed that I’ve been conspicuously absent from the blog in recent months. Well I assure you that I’ve been using my time in matters almost as weighty as  blogging.

For some cosmic reason, most companies that recruit from my major like to do their interviewing about 50 years in advance. So this fall I’ve been putting a lot of effort into all that goes with getting a real job. After seemingly endless hours answering and asking question after question in interviews and information sessions, then pouring over every detail about the companies that are crazy enough to hire me, we’ve made a decision.

No, there are no real mountains, and yes it’s a bit far from family. Trust me, we really did consider those and many other facts, but there are a lot of positive benefits that come with living in Texas.

USAA_Logo08_NewBlue_RGB

After all that hoopla, we decided to go with the company that I didn’t really have to interview with. So we’ll be going back to San Antonio where I will be working at USAA. Yipee! We are grateful to even have a job to take considering the state of the economy, so three cheers for Texas!

14 comments:

Melanie and Jake said...

Congrats on the job!! You can get a great house in Texas for a lot less than other states (such as WA)

Colby & Brenda said...

congratulations, and good luck with the move... it's hard to be away from family, but sometimes that's the best thing too. Colby & I sure learned to rely on each other and our marriage grew immensely when we were away from our families (not that we don't love them, and we are grateful every day for them) but, you certainly go where the job is and do what's best for you and your family... we wish you the best, and are looking forward to seeing your adventures on the blog!!

The Maucotel's said...

Wow, congratulations you guys! That is a big decision! We are excited for you being able to make the leap from student life to real life! Hope your cute baby girl is doing well! She is such a cutie.

Marlyse said...

When will you move??

Zak Johnson said...

We're still trying to figure that out. I can start in June, July, or August.

Barb Johnson said...

August

Holly said...

Congratulations! What a huge decision! We will definitely need to get together before you go...I know we always say that but we just HAVE to now!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! We will see you next summer! We know how it feels to make a big far away move from family, so good luck and we can stick together. :)

PS Thanks for your comment on our blog, it is good to catch up on yours.

Valerie said...

BOOOOOO!!! BOOOOO!!
Kate..Can you stay with me??
When are you leaving? Wanna do a game night or two before you leave?
Ok...I don't really totally mean that. I, a little bit, mean congratulations too! :(
Well, now reading other comments, I say August too! :)
Let's all get together!

Anonymous said...

Congrats - how exciting! It will be hard to leave family behind, but it can be a good thing too :)

Jessica said...

Congratulations on the job! And I'm sure Texas will be great! We're going to be in St. George next week, probably the last opportunity we'll have to see you for a while. We should try to get together!

Tricia said...

Oh my goodness! Congrats on the new job! That's exciting! But we'll definitely miss you in the ward. When do you move?

Unknown said...

What?! Ahh man, Kate, just as we get back to Utah from OKie, you head to TX. Congratulations though, that's really awesome and trust me, I know how hard those decisions can be. You'll just have to keep up with blogging so we know you're still alive out there. :)

Mandy said...

Have fun moving to TX! I am jealous. But August is the hottest part of the year.