Sunday, September 21, 2008

Blessing Day

DSC_0396

We blessed Kennedy last week. It was pretty awesome. I think it’s fairly normal to worry that at some point during the blessing your kid is going to grab the microphone and start screaming like James Brown, thus embarrassing you horribly in front of family, friends, and neighbors, all while the bishop frowns in your direction while shaking his head. Needless to say, we did our best to get her prepared for the big day. It turns out that our worries were unfounded and only slightly exaggerated. Kennedy did a great job chillin’ in the circle and she even flashed me some big ol’ smiles which I was grateful for.

We had most of our family over for some grub afterwards and that was a good time.

DSC_0013

Once everyone was stuffed an unable to put up a fight, we forced them all to the stairs where I shot them… with my camera.

DSC_0280

Johnson Family

DSC_0283

Jensen Family

DSC_0410_2

Piglet took some lovely pics too, she’s definitely got “the eye”

DSC_0099

DSC_0104

Kennedy hasn’t stopped yapping about how much fun she had with her cousins.

DSC_0033 Thanks again for coming everyone, don’t let the stinky diapers keep you from returning soon!

8 comments:

Barb Johnson said...

so darling! Zak, I can spot your writing style a mile away! Very very cute. Made me laugh, and I really needed that.

Emily said...

She looks beautiful in her blessing dress!

Anonymous said...

Funny post and great pics! I love the first pic of the feet/hands - so creative! Glad Kennedy's blessing day was a success!

Holly said...

She's a doll in that dress! It sounds like you had a fun day. That's so nice that you have so much family that supports you!! Let's get together and chat!

Unknown said...

How special. And these pictures are INCREDIBLE!!! Kennedy is an absolute doll.

Rachael said...

Gogeous! She is so beautiful! Oh i need your email because I went private!

Marlyse said...

Pretty pics! I want to come see you. I'll call you this week!

Valerie said...

Thanks for the update. (haha took me long enough to check blogs) I love the pictures. You're great little photographers. When are we going to get together? When are you free?