Sunday, September 2, 2007

Ice Cream Man and Scientist


Ok, so here is another story from my childhood. For those of you unfamiliar with this classic, most of you are Kate's family, enjoy.
If you ever talk to one of my siblings or parents and ask them what I wanted to be when I grew up, they will all give you the exact same answer: "An ice cream man and a scientist." Now, the scientist part can be explained. Back in my early years I was a regular viewer of Mr. Wizard's World on nickelodeon. Mr. Wizard was a sort of prelude to Bill Nye the Science Guy. Through his many experiments using ordinary household items, Mr. Wizard helped me develop a great interest in the laws of nature and the way things work. So, being a scientist was a natural choice for me.


My desire to be an ice cream man is not as clear-cut as the scientist part. I don't recall any particular catalyst that made me want to pursue a career in frozen dairy sales, other than the obvious perk of having ice cream available to me at any moment. But regardless, I was adamant that I would be an ice cream man in the summer, and a scientist in the winter. Currently, I am not really shooting for either career, but it still sounds like a lot of fun. I think the picture at the top pretty much sums it up.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Thank you for finally doing a new post! I had wanted to, but Zak wouldn't show me how...he didn't want me to do a post about him. Don't worry, someday I will though!

Anonymous said...

Aw, yes...the scientist/ice cream man career path! I remember it well! Thanks kiddo!

mommy