Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Polka Dot Party

“Now Kennedy is two, that’s truer than true. There’s a party to attend and we’re inviting you!

If you can come, you should. It’ll be fun, and fun is good

From there to here, and here to there, you’ll see polka dots everywhere.”

DSC_0015

We decided to have a friend party for Kennedy this year and I had way too much fun with the polka dot theme. I know call me crazy, she’s two and probably won’t even remember it, but I couldn’t help myself.

All the games and food had to do with Orange, Yellow and Pink Polka Dots. We blew bubbles, played put the dot on the dog, read “Put me in the Zoo”, played with balloons and found pom-pom balls throughout the house. We ate cheese puff balls, cantaloupe and watermelon balls, cupcakes, dot pb&j sandwiches, cake and ice cream.

 DSC_0913

I made the banner and covered party hats with polka dot fabric.Kennedy's 2nd Birthday

I decided I wanted to make Kennedy’s cake this year, so I had fun experimenting with fondant. DSC_0922Kennedy making bubbles for everyoneKennedy's 2nd Birthday2 Bubbles, Dot on the Dog, Pom-pom balls, “Put me in the Zoo” DSC_0949Making her wish…Kennedy's 2nd Birthday3  Eating Cake!IMG_0480One content girl with birthday cake!Kennedy's 2nd Birthday6   Opening PresentsIMG_0484Cute birthday girl, with a darling purse a friend made her.Kennedy's 2nd Birthday4 Party Time!     

Kennedy had a great time having all her friends over and loved all the fun new toys she got.  Thanks everyone, we had a blast. It was really fun having Uncle Spencer here to celebrate with us too.    We can’t believe we have a two year old now!

15 comments:

Aubrey said...

So cute! Way to go over the top. Did you make the cake?

linda said...

What a fun and CREATIVE party! I've always loved polka dots...
Kennedy is darling!

Rose said...

Yay for the polka dot party pictures-I've been looking forward to seeing them. Cute angel baby, cute cake, cute mommy, cute, cute, cute!

Lanée Jensen said...

Ah, so great! Now I want a two year old so I can have a polka dot party! Maybe for Christian's 27th . . . ?

Lisa Moore said...

Wow the girls in the Johnson family really know how to throw parties! That is so adorable. And I'm very impressed with the cake you made! I've been watching Cake Boss lately and now I want to learn how to do that!

Melanie and Jake said...

What a cute party!! I love the cake! Was the fondant hard to make?

Barb Johnson said...

Oh now I'm even more sad that I missed that cute party! Everything looked just perfect, Kate. GOOD JOB! Even if she doesn't remember really....she'll have those priceless pictures to show what a great mom she has. Lucky girl!

Stephanie Lyn :) said...

ok. This is probably the cutest birthday party I've ever seen. haha! Good work! :)

ferardandy said...

woa that cake is awesome, and i like the colors. belated happy birthday to peaches:)

Jill said...

Love this party theme! Maybe I'll do this for Grace next year. I love to throw parties too! Kirsten did a really fun Pinkalicious (have you read that book?) party for Abigail. Everything pink.

Rachael said...

Oh my gosh how cute! You have such good ideas and have thus inspired me! I love dots!

tracy layne said...

Kate, you did SUCH a great job!! That party was completely adorable!! I can't wait for Ollie's first birthday, I can promise you I will be doing the exact same thing... big party that he won't even remember. But I will :)

Give my little peach a big squeeze for me!! I love that girl and I miss her like crazy!

Meags said...

oh my heck ... this is the cutest party ever! i love the polka dot theme! i love the pictures too ... SO cute!

Anonymous said...

FUN! congrats Kennedy! miss you guys.

Horner Family said...

cute pictures from the party! So yeah....I'm a little behind on blogging! Time to get caught up...one day at a time!