Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Counter space

Greetings blog stalkers, Zak here. I’ve been keeping a low pr0file lately, but I’ve wandered out of my cave for a moment to share a handyman’s update.

To begin, I’d like to say that we really like our house. It’s got everything we need and most of what we want. But one of the things we wished it had was more counter space.DSC_0572We’ve made due with the space we have, but often find it filling up all too quick. We knew this would be an issue when we bought the house but saw an opportunity in that vast open space you see between counters. With some elbow grease, a few new power tools and a little luck, we were able to find everything we needed to put in this lovely addition.DSC_0591 DSC_0588 Now we’ve got what feels like twice the counter space, with the added bonus of more drawers and cupboards. It’s been very nice to have. It was more work to put this in than I expected, but it turned out good. I have to give props to my dad for teaching me everything I needed to know to put this all together and make it look like it has always been there.

Kennedy found the construction phase very entertaining. DSC_0545 She did a lot more ‘helping’ than the pictures show, but you get the idea.DSC_0551

16 comments:

Kurt and Shelli Barnum said...

Looks great!! Good job! If I hadn't seen the pics, I would never have known it wasn't always there. Very beautiful house!

Marlyse said...

That1s awesome! Good job, I'm always very impressed when people do their own home projects!

Chelsey said...

Nice work! Looks great!

Kandice said...

nice job Zak. And your little girl is so dang adorable!

Emily said...

Kate, your home is beautiful! Your husband is pretty handy with a power drill too. That is so sweet that he decorated the house for you! I hope you are doing great!

Unknown said...

Looks perfect! Great job Zak, and such a difference. Your house looks beautiful!

Jenilyn Anderson said...

That looks awesome! Great work! I love how open your kitchen is. It is beautiful.

Cameron and Paige said...

It looks great and still leave you with plenty of walking space. Nice job!

tracy layne said...

Nice to hear from you Saurus! I always enjoy a little bit of the writing styles of young zakery. The kitchen looks great! Thanks again for stopping by to visit, Oliver hasn't stopped talking about it.

Rose said...

Nice work Zak. Kate's a lucky gal.
So is Kennedy!

Jill said...

I was at Home Depot the other day buying supplies for yet another home improvement project when an old guy said, "You know, you are BUYING work." SO TRUE! Job well done... and an island will be so useful. Way to go!

Meags said...

cute "new" kitchen! i am jealous of how BIG it is compared to ours in our little townhome! i love your new counter space addition!

Jessica said...

Nice work! What a beautiful kitchen! And your not so baby girl is more adorable every time I see her!

The Rubens said...

Wow that looks really nice, good job guys. Happy Birthday Kate, it looks like you had lots of fun. kennedy is getting so big. I love her curly hair.

amber {and co.} said...

Haha, don't you love how toddlers love to "help"? That picture of Kennedy is so cute! The island looks great, I'm seriously impressed! We know who to call if we need a handy man Ü

aaron said...

nice work zac... plus, it looks like we have the same birthday