Saturday, May 31, 2008

Lake Powell

We went to Lake Powell with my family over Memorial Day weekend. We finally packed up our car for TX on Thursday, but we split up the drive a bit by staying at Lake Powell Fri-Tues.  It was fun seeing them again before we headed off to TX. It was actually pretty cold at LP, but we still had a great time being with the family and were very glad we were able to go to the lake once this summer before the baby comes. We played a lot of games, watched movies and soaked up the sun while it was out. Sadly I don't have too many pictures except from this one boat ride when I actually had the camera.

DSC_0185 

Sadly Zak was on the houseboat this ride, so he wasn't in the picture.  I'm embarrassed to say that Zak and I were wimps and avoided the water... because it was freezing cold. My brothers had wet suits though, so that's why all the pictures are of them and their sweet tricks. :)  The pictures don't do them justice though, it was way cooler watching them do the jumps, flips and tantrums live!!

DSC_0121 DSC_0122

                               My little brother Spencer

 DSC_0086DSC_0090

                                      Spencer's friend Cason

 DSC_0138  DSC_0150

                                My older brother Christian

 DSC_0069 DSC_0106

                                The goofs chillin on the boat

    DSC_0025 DSC_0031

                                The boys going off a slide

K, I really need to figure out how to do a slide show or a picture collage so the posts aren't so long.  Is it easy, anyone know how?  So after Lake Powell,  on Tuesday morning we continued our drive to Texas (17 more hours- YUCK!!)...pictures from our first few days here will follow shortly.

12 comments:

Britt said...

Hey Kate, it looks like you guys had a blast! (Sidenote: If you go to slide.com it's REALLY easy to make a slide show with your pictures and then put it on your blog. They walk you through it and show you how to post it on your blog, good luck!)

Emily said...

That looks like so much fun! I've never been to Lake Powell, even though we live so close. It seems like your family is always doing fun things. I still remember when you went to Hawaii in elementary school! Was it third grade? I just remember wishing I could go too! Thank you so much for the nice things you said in your post on my blog. I know you are going to be a great mommy too!

Barb Johnson said...

can't wait for pictures of Texas! Looks like the Jensen fam had a grand time!

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun, wait a minute, it was lots of fun! The picture of you wakeboarding while you are 7+ months pregnant is awesome. Glad you made it safely to Texas.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate!!!So much fun to see pictures of your family :)! Your mom and dad..tell lots of greetings to them and also to spencer!!! It would be great to come visit there sometimes!
How are you doing with your little belly..not so long time anymore,eh!Fun! I can believe that your family is waiting for little arrive so badly, its a great time :)! Anyways, give lots of greetins to your family!
-Emppu

Anonymous said...

Hei, and i still have to write that I remember when we were on that lake..we had just a great week there, aah..missing there now! It was just a blest!

Meags said...

ahhh ... i LOVE Lake Powell! i think this is the #1 thing Jordan is missing this summer! hope all is well with you two!

ciara said...

Oh man that looks like fun!! I'll definately have to show Kade these pictures............he LOVES BOATING!!!!! Looks like you had a great time:) Thats what we like to hear:)

Stink-a-Tink said...

I wish i had a boat like that! that is so cool! Hope your having a blast !!!

Anonymous said...

You got some great pics of the trip. I love reading your blog. Can't wait until ther's a baby in the pictures...see ya soon! Rose

LaVerna said...

Congratulations, Kate and Zak! We are so excited for you! And we cannot wait to see beautiful little Kennedy... or perhaps you have a new spelling? Anyway, we cannot wait! What a joyful day!

We send our love, and rejoice in your good news!

Zak, I don't know if you remember my son Kelly Bringhurst and his wife, Brenda? Their son Kyle and wife Johanna had a baby boy born today about 2:20 on the afternoon of July 16.

From what I hear, you and Kate were in a race right down to the finish. Both of our great grand babies and their beautiful moms are doing well, and so we feel prayers are answered today.

I was looking for your mailing address, Zak. Could you email it to me, please? Thanks,

Love you, Grandma and Grandpa Johnson

LaVerna said...

Well, Guys, our congratulations on the birth of your beautiful little Kennedy got posted on your Lake Powell spot, so I hope it shows up!

We love you... Great G & G Johnson