For scout camp this year we went mountain biking in Moab. This was my first visit to the area and I was pretty impressed.
I was ready for a disappointment when we hiked up to delicate arch. I mean, it's just an arch. Anyways, I was totally amazed. Pictures do not do this place justice, it is just incredible.The Gemini Bridges trail was pretty much all downhill, so it was a lot of fun. The bridges are pretty cool too.
Slickrock was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Up and down and up and down, over and over for 12 miles I think. It was a fun, hard ride.This is Dead Horse Point, famous because it was used as a natural corral back in the wild west days.
The trip was a success, only a few of us were injured at all and even those were minor. I think we will go the more traditional route for scout camp next year, but this was a pretty fun alternative camp.
Sunday, August 5, 2007
Moab + Scouts + July + Bikes = ?
Posted by Zak Johnson at 9:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment