Friday, June 22, 2007

The Saurus Cometh


So here it is, our first blog post. Being a total computer geek, I am ashamed of my late entry into the blogosphere, but I just didn't have the desire. Then my brother started up his blog with pictures of their cute little girl and whatnot, and well, here we are. Although I have no pictures of cute babies (of my own) to post, I think the above photo is very cute. So, about the picture. I am pretty sure that my family will understand it, but to those of you who are not privy to the 'saurus' thing, here is the explanation: Back when I was very young, my parents went on what was probably a much needed vacation from the kids. I don't remember much, so I could be wrong about a lot of this, but they went to California and visited Knott's Berry Farm. I've never been there, but it holds a special place in my heart. You see, upon their return, my parents presented me with a most splendid gift. It was a custom T-Shirt that had a drawing of a green dinosaur and the word "Zakasaurus" written boldly on the front. Needless to say, I was very pleased with my new found fame as the namesake of a dinosaur, and I wore the shirt frequently. Now, years later, the T-Shirt is gone; but "Zakasaurus" is one of the more popular nicknames my family calls me.

4 comments:

ferardandy said...

better late than never saurus.

Anonymous said...

Neat blog. Yours is the first blog i have ever seen, read, or looked at! It's cool. One question; whose sunburnt legs?

P.S. You got a beautiful picture of the sunset at Lake Powell.

P.S.S. I'm sorry you don't have any cute pictures of your own babies to show!!

Zak Johnson said...

Dear Anonymous,
The sunburned legs belong to some guy that didn't put any sunscreen on when he went sea fishing in Cancun. I don't know who he is.

ferardandy said...

i want to make you another zakasaurus shirt, maybe out of puff paint. see you tomorrow,
boco